This is the add-in necessary for running regressions. So, if you want to try to do the ski resort ranking assingment, you’ll need to download and install this. There are other Excel based software add-ins that will allow you to do multiple regressions from within Excel, but this one has been around for about 20 years and is by far the most common.
Load the Analysis ToolPak
- Click the File tab, and then click Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.
- If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
- If you get prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Analysis ToolPak, the Data Analysis command is available in the Analysis group on theData tab.
NOTE To include Visual Basic for Application (VBA) functions for the Analysis ToolPak, you load the Analysis ToolPak – VBA add-in the same way that you load the Analysis ToolPak. In the Add-ins available box, select theAnalysis ToolPak – VBA check box, and then click OK.